The RealNetworks Foundation makes grants to charitable organizations as classified under Section 501(c)3 of the United States Internal Revenue Service code.
To be eligible for a Community Enhancement Grant, organizations must serve a community where employees of RealNetworks are based. Currently, the RealNetworks Foundation accepts grant applications on an “invitation-only” basis from agencies serving Seattle and the surrounding region.
Eligible organizations must have at least one, full-time, management level employee.
The RealNetworks Foundation does not make grants to supporting or operating organizations for which the RealNetworks Foundation would be required to take on expenditure responsibility.
In general, the Foundation also does not make grants to:
- Organizations that discriminate
- Religious or membership-based organizations unless the program is open to the public without regard to affiliation
- Organizations designated under Section 509 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service code
- Individual, K-12 schools, youth groups, clubs, teams, choirs, bands, PTSA etc.
- Capital campaigns
- General operating funds
- Event or conference sponsorships
The Foundation reserves the right to determine eligibility of any applicant and to adjust its guidelines in response to emerging needs, trends and opportunities.