At RealNetworks, we’re in the business of transformation. Changing how people access media. Redefining how they consume it. Pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
It started with RealAudio ushering in the streaming era over twenty-five years ago, and RealNetworks continues to innovate and grow, enhancing our flagship, RealPlayer, and building new products and services like SAFR, Kontxt, and Mobile Services that employ best-in-class artificial intelligence and machine learning to enhance and secure our daily lives. Whether you are excited about developing cutting edge AI tech or supporting our world class teams that do this work, we're interested in hearing from you. Check out our open positions and apply here.
Interested in GameHouse positions? You can see those here.
With our headquarters in Seattle, Washington, and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia, we serve consumers, businesses, and institutions around the world. And we’re always looking for smart, curious people who are passionate about the same things we are. Do you want to be part of a team that is constantly striving for something better? Come work for us.
RealNetworks corporate culture is structured to run as a series of well-funded startup companies under the RealNetworks umbrella. Each of our business units – Mobile Services, Consumer Media, and Games – have unique brands and products tied together with our trademark dedication to sharing digital media through innovative, industry-leading technology. We believe in running lean and agile. While we have offices and teams spread across the globe, our shared values and culture bring us together as a team.
We are a lean team of go getters who are passionate about our work and our products. We enjoy the work we do, and we do it well, all while prioritizing work-life balance and respecting boundaries. Our team values inclusiveness and respectfulness in all aspects of our work. We are a team that innovates, works collaboratively, and celebrates the wins along the way.
Benefits and Perks!
RealNetworks is committed to our employees and their families. We encourage a healthy work life balance by providing a variety of great benefits; excellent health coverage; and a fun, entrepreneurial environment. Learn more about our US benefits below!
Health and Wellness – We’ve got you covered!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Free Health Advocate program to assist you with navigating the complex US health care system
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short and long term disability coverage
- Free gym access, showers, and lockers at our Corporate headquarters
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mothers Room
- Free Orca Card - Seattle Office
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for transit and parking expenses – Seattle & New York Office
- Shuttle to/from Seattle HQ and downtown core transit terminals - Seattle Office
- Business Travel Accident Insurance fully company paid
- Borrow a bike! - Seattle Office
- All full time employees start with 20 days of paid time off (PTO) available annually at the beginning of each calendar year. PTO increases with tenure and is pro-rated the first year, based on your date of hire
- 9 paid holidays each year
- In addition to PTO and holiday pay, RealNetworks is closed during the week of Christmas each year for R&R! Everyone is off work, so they can spend time with family or friends and recharge to get ready for the new year ahead
- Pre-tax 401(k) plan with a company match
- Post-tax Roth 401(k) option available
- Company paid life and accident insurance, with the option to purchase additional coverage your yourself, spouse/partner and children
- Matching of your charitable giving of up to $15,000/year to qualified non-profits
- The RealNetworks Foundation also matches your volunteer time at $25 per hour to qualified non-profit organizations
RealNetworks has a strong history of giving back to the community. In 2000, the Company created the RealNetworks Foundation which makes about $1.25 million in charitable grants per year.
A hallmark of the Foundation is the degree to which it engages employees in meaningful ways in its grant making. Employees volunteer their time to review applications, make site visits and then present their funding recommendations to the Foundation Board.
Serving on the Foundation's Review Team is a great way to get to know other employees while giving back to the community.
The Foundation matches the personal contributions of employees at a rate of $2 for every $1 an employee donates to an eligible, 501c3 nonprofit (up to $15,000 per year)! The Foundation also matches the volunteer time that employees of RealNetworks contribute to U.S. nonprofits with a grant of $25 per hour (up to 100 hours per employee, per year).
So, whether you're interested in serving on the Grant Review Team, volunteering with your colleagues in the community, or donating on your own, there's a Foundation program to support you